Saturday, October 20, 2012

Yellowstone Oct. 2012

So, I randomly went to my family reunion in Jackson Hole, Wyoming this weekend.  I wasn't planning on going.  But it happened.  Long story short, my parents car broke down, I rescued them, and we drove to Jackson in the middle of the night.  At least it felt like the middle of the night.  I really shouldn't complain.  I slept the majority of the way.  It was glorious.  Well, we spent the better part of Friday at Yellowstone.  I had never been there.  It was really pretty.  Here are some of my pictures from the trip.
The first stop we made (after my bathroom break that I made them stop for - happened a couple times actually through out the drive hahaha - and the bathroom was nasty...but it worked) was at Old Faithful.  It was pretty cool.  Had never seen a Geyser before.  So that was fun.  Tried to take a lot of pictures to document that I was there.  I'm sure my parents got sick of me snapping pictures of all of us every two seconds.  But it was fun for me!!!
This next picture isn't really in order of anything that we did.  Just along the drive, we saw a lot of buffalo.  The large picture was just this random buffalo walking down the middle of the road acting like all the cars were in his way.  It was hilarious.  It literally walked about 5 feet from the car.  I know that sort of thing happens in Yellowstone, but it was kinda cool to witness it.  The Elk above the fireplace was just cool.  Told Justin it would be perfect for a man cave.  Not a living room.  :)  Then the picture of the cabin is the cabin that me and my parents stayed in.  They were pretty cozy and cute actually.  It was a lot of fun.
 This was just some walk.  With natural hot springs. It was really pretty and the foggy stuff was pretty cool and super warm.  Cause lets face it, I was freezing.  It did snow that day while we were at Old Faithful.  It was quite chilly.
 This was downtown Jackson.  Just went to take some pictures.  Didn't really feel like there was all that much to see.  But we got some pictures.  One of the elk horn arches was covered in pink lights in lieu of Breast Cancer Awareness month.  I thought that was pretty cool!
These were sulfur pots....at least that is what I am going to call them.  Don't know what else they are called.  I don't have the guide or the map that we were using in the car.  It smelled awful.  But I think they looked cool.  And the random bubbling was so weird.  But cool.  Then there were about 6 buffalo just chillin out by the nasty water.  

It was a super fun trip!  It was fun to see family that I hadn't seen in years and years.  And to be able to visit with them was pretty great!  My only regret of the crazy fast weekend was that I didn't take any pictures with any of the extended family that was there, so it just looks like it was me and my parents that went.  But I had a blast.  I can't wait for my next mini vacation next week!!!!!  It's going to be awesome!

No comments: