Saturday, October 20, 2012

St. George Marathon Oct. 6, 2012







On October 6, 2012, I ran my second St. George Marathon.  We ran it for Hollie.  Hence the bright pink cancer shirt.  It was awesome!!!  Took a super long time for me and Jenny to finish, but we did.  And that is all that matters.  I was so sore I could barely shuffle across the finish.  Jenny cried and then I cried because Jenny was crying.  These are some of the pictures from the finish line.  I had an awesome sunburn from my pink headband. Luckily, that is gone now.  I did feel pretty ridiculous for about a week.  Got made fun of at work.  It was hilarious.  Best part of the whole weekend...Justin was there!!!  He was so awesome and came and met up with Jenny and me just a little before the finish line and it made all the difference in the world.  Jenny and I jogged the rest of the way in.  Aaron and Jori both gave me a great big hug.  It was just such a fun day.  I was exhausted.  But it was totally worth it!  After I took my ice bath and showered, the family went to Bucca de Beppos for dinner.  It was Hollies year mark of fighting cancer and so we all went out to dinner.  It was a lot of fun.  After that, Justin and I drove back up to North Ogden.  And on Sunday, we met up with his parents and sister.  It was an awesome weekend!!  It definitely went by way too fast!!!


No comments: