Thursday, November 24, 2011

AN ENDING AND AN OH SO GREAT BEGINNING....


Yesterday was my last day of work with Monrovia. It is crazy how you start a new chapter in your life and find that it wasn't what you thought it was. When I first started with Monrovia, I thought it was going to be my career. The thing I was going to do for the next...well who knows how long. A couple months ago, I found that even though I absolutely LOVED all of the people I worked with and all of my customers that I spoke with on a weekly basis, I am completely awful at sales. Which I am totally ok with. I will definitely miss those friends I made while working there and living here in Oregon. A lot. Good thing there's facebook. Ha! Or I would probably lose contact with a lot of those people I know here and lose a few friendships that I have developed. That would make me incredibly sad!

So, this is the end to my life in Oregon. I am moving back to Utah for the beginning of my next adventure in life.

This new adventure is scary and I'll admit I think somewhat crazy. But I am really excited. It all started last night with the loading of my moving cube. We got everything into the garage that was going to go into this cube. I took one look around and thought "oh there is no way that is all going to fit!!!" Well, miraculously, everything minus my large TV that weighs a million pounds fit into my cube. I couldn't believe it! My friend Jason and my friend Tina helped me get everything packed into the tiny bit of space that we had to work with. Jason is a Tetris master that is for sure. The picture at the top says it all! There are still a few things lying around. Like a giant pile of clothes that I need to go through and decide what to pack and not to pack. And I have to go through some of my bathroom stuff. Oh and my shoes. That is a task I am not looking forward to. I've already packed the majority of them. It's so hard to pick and choose!!! Haha.

The next part of the adventure is tomorrow. My mom and Hollie and Karalee will be here!! I'm so excited. We are all going to play in Portland tomorrow and then we will be on our way on Saturday morning bright and early. We are going up to Astoria to see the Goonie house and the sea lions and then down to Cannon Beach to eat at Mo's and see Haystack Rock (also in Goonies). After that it's on to Tillamook Cheese Factory for cheese tasting and ice cream. From there we go to Reedsport to see Grandpa and Grandma Wells' graves and to clean them up so they look nice. We drive over to Medford from there to stay the night. Since Hollie just had Chemo a few days ago, we are trying to make sure that we break the drive up so we don't fatigue her too much. From Medford we drive to Fairfield to see the Jelly Belly Factory. I'm kind of excited...not gonna lie. Even though I don't like Jelly Beans. They just aren't tasty to me. Anyway, then we will drive to Monterey to spend time with Ty and Jenny and their kids for a few days. We will have Thanksgiving dinner on Sunday and then the aquarium on Monday. Tuesday we drive the rest of the way to St. George and Wednesday I drive to Ogden for new student orientation....

Yes, that is right, I am going back to school. Never thought this day would come. Unless I was going on to get a masters degree or something. Nope. I am working on a second Bachelor's degree. I am going to become an X-Ray technician and then go on to Radiation Therapy. I think it will be amazing! A lot of hard work and sacrifice, but super rewarding in the end!!! I start school in January and am very ready for my incredible new beginning and next great adventure in life!!!!


No comments: