Sunday, November 25, 2012

THANKSGIVING WEEK

I just had a great week!  Justin came to visit for Thanksgiving and it's been a super fun weekend!  We did a lot of fun stuff!  Mainly just spending time together since we only get to see each other about once a month.  We spent Thanksgiving with my second family the Woffindens.  It was so great and I loved that they were able to meet Justin.  I had to work the morning of Black Friday.  So Justin just hung out at my house.  I got home by 10:30am and we hung out for a bit then went downtown Salt Lake.  We went to City Creek and just wandered around.  Then went and saw the Christmas lights turn on at Temple Square.  It was gorgeous and so much fun to be there to see them turn on.  I had never been there for that.
After we had been at the temple for the lighting of the Christmas lights, we met up with my parents for dinner at the Cheesecake factory at City Creek.  They had never been there.  It was a lot of fun.  Justin and I didn't get to see all the lights before dinner, so we decided that we would go after we ate...however...our plans were drastically changed (trying to sound dramatic...it was quite traumatizing....lol) because we were sitting there, the waitress brought our food and somehow an entire glass of ice water got dumped ALL OVER me.  My jeans were completely soaked.  And for those that know me super well, know I ABSOLUTELY hate being wet.  So, we drove home after dinner instead of going to see the rest of the lights. I was pretty bummed.  So the next morning, we decided we would go back to Salt lake and make a day of it again and go to Cabela's and Scheels and then to see the lights again.
These stuffed animals (hahaha)  are Caribou.  I told Justin that if there is any animal that I would love to hunt, it's one of these cause their antlers are freaking sweet!  I just thought they looked so cool!
We ended up back at Temple square after our long day of window shopping.  It was a great day.  Super sad for it to end because he had to leave today.  So I didn't want yesterday to end.  It was an incredible week/weekend!!!

No comments: