Sunday, December 7, 2008
My friend Tim.
I had an awesome experience tonight. About a month ago, my friend Tiffany (we call her Myrtle occasionally) started dating this guy named Tim. She brought him over one night so that I could meet him. I was a little worried about having them over because of my crazy roommate, but it wasn't too bad, she hid in her room the whole time. But I had a blast talking to Tiffany and Tim. Tim is one of the nicest people I have ever met. Well, earlier this week, I was checking my facebook, and I had an email from Tiffany inviting me to Tim's baptism. I about fell off my chair. I was so excited for him! I really like Tim. He is seriously one of the nicest genuine people I have ever met in my life. And man does he love the gospel. It was an incredible experience to be able to go tonight, not only did I feel the spirit so strongly, I feel that it strengthened my own testimony to watch someone my age get baptized. It just confirmed to me that the church is true. I already knew it was, but it's always awesome to have little things happen to help you remember why you love it so much! Tim gave me a hug as I was leaving the get-together that they had, and I almost started crying. I know that sounds silly, but I could just feel his joy and happiness radiating from him. And I felt like we were really good friends even though we hardly know each other. I am so grateful that I have the gospel in my life. It is true and I know it with all my heart. Tim's story gets even cooler. His family have been members for 2 and a half years now. His mom and dad and 9 year old sister. Tim said he wanted to learn more about the church because of how much it has helped his family. It was incredible. The spirit was so strong tonight. And Tim's dad was able to baptize and confirm him. I thought that was incredible! I love this church! I know I have said that a million times, but I do. And it is true. I hope everyone can have more experiences like I had tonight, and that I can have many more. It was amazing!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment